You can choose to do a lot, or to do nothing. We do not judge!
In the warm months, we enjoy:
- Bicycle riding – ride through the village or take one of several paved roads into the forest or towards Ždiar.
- Hiking – visit our secret lakes by foot, quietly watch the local fauna come to drink.
- Mushroom picking – if you don’t know how to judge an edible mushroom from a poisonous one, we can organize an event with a knowledgeable guide. Bring home fresh mushrooms and we’ll make a fresh mushroom soup for dinner, and then cook more for breakfast!
- Carriage rides – Our own local neighbor will gladly trot you through the village by horse-drawn carriage.
- Demonstrations – Do you want to learn the secret of making fresh cheese or ''knes,'' Osturňa’s original pizza? We'll show you how!
In winter months, skiing is king. We are excited to announce the recent lift installed in Malá Franková, a neighboring village only 8 km. away. For more information, visit www.onthesnow.com
There are simply too many activities to list here!
For nature lovers, the Pieniny and Tatra national parks are only minutes away by car. On the way, you can explore caves and castles, swim, or go rafting down the Dunajec River.
Children will love the nearby water parks in both Poland and Slovakia, while parents will appreciate the many regional spas and thermal baths.
Červený Kláštor (the Red Monastery) is one of the most visited sites in northeastern Slovakia, with many planned tourist activities throughout the year.
The picturesque Spiš Castle is the most beloved castle in the region, about one hour away by car. Partially reconstructed, spend hours exploring the grounds and buildings, imagining what it may have been like to live in a castle 500 years ago.